Friday, December 11, 2009

I'll Be Home for Christmas...


That song just makes me so sad this time of the year and everytime I hear it I have to change the station on the radio or make a mad dash out of the stores. It reminds me so much of my many Christmas pasts with my mom and grandmother who was like my second mom. I lost my mom 7 years ago and my grandmother 9 years ago and Christmases have never been the same. I can remember pulling onto my mom's street on Christmas Eve after I got married and seeing her decorations but her windows would just sparkle and have a twinkle to them...such a warm welcoming sight. I could not wait to get inside to spend time with my family and especially her. She was the most special person on this earth to me and the rest of my family. I feel so lucky to have had her for a mom and such a loving family. My grandmother was the same, she would do anything for anyone and I am so lucky to have had her in my life.

In my blog, from time to time I will share with you things that my mom has made over the years. She was without a doubt the most creative, talented person I know or could ever know. And she would make people things and give them away all through the year. At her funeral almost every person that came up to me would mention something that my mom had made them whether it be a craft or homemade bread or food in general. Sharing these things with you make her seem a bit closer to me. Thanks for reading!

This is a picture of two santas she made for me. Since I collect santas and am a huge santa lover she was always making me or buying me anything santa. These santas are made out of clay and then painted. She and I loved sculpting bread dough together. In the future I will share some of those bread dough ornie beauties with you.

1 comment: