Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cinnamon Fruit Biscuits


This past weekend I was just not in the mood for bacon or sausage and eggs but wanted something sweet and I made these. I have made them quite often when I want something sweet and EZ for breakfast. I recommend using preserves over jelly (although you can)as the center needs to have something fairly thick in it. The jelly tends to run a little bit but is still quite tasty! I only had grape jam last weekend and it did run a bit but still tasted really good. This is a Taste of Home recipe...not a bad one to come from that website! Enjoy!

Cinnamon Fruit Biscuits
½ c. sugar
½ t. ground cinnamon
1 tube (12 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
¼ c. butter, melted
10 t. strawberry preserves

In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip top and sides of biscuits in butter, then in cinnamon sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheet. With end of wooden spoon handle make a deep indentation in center of each biscuit; fill with 1 t. preserves. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment