Friday, December 11, 2009

Brrrr...Baby It's Cold Outside!

I know...two blogs in one day...maybe this one will make up for the one that I don't get written on the weekend...busy, busy, busy, time of the year! Anyway, I made this new soup recipe this week and wanted to share it with ya! I love trying new soup recipes and I especially LOVE buffalo chicken! This was quite yummo! You might wanna double it if you want to serve more than two people. Enjoy!

Buffalo Chicken Soup
1 small onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. flour
3/4 c. milk
3/4 c. chicken broth
2 c. diced, cooked chicken
1/4 c. buffalo wing sauce
4 oz. Velveeta, diced
1/2 t. cayenne pepper, celery salt and garlic salt

Boil and cook chicken. Saute' onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour until smooth, slowly stir in milk and broth. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring occasionally. It says to serve with Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits. I served it with those yummy Sister Schubert's yeast rolls.

4 comments:

  1. Love, love,Love your blog
    You are so inspiring,and creative. Quite the chef too.
    Such a Diva!!! Cindy is just as beautiful inside as out. We are proud to be her and her terrific husband's friends.
    Bev and John Hall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindygirl- love your blog! I'm gonna borrow this recipe and make it for the fam. Love the Santas that your mom made-what special memories. Your decorations look lovely!! I've gotcha bookmarked so I can visit often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndi, you must be one awesome chef! We still enjoy your potato soup you shared, especially this time of year. I can't wait to try this recipe too. Thanks for sharing. I'm lovin' your blog.
    ~willa~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! Something I'll have to try!

    ReplyDelete