Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Painted Brick Walls

While looking through Pinterest (yeah, I'm addicted!) I came across a lady that had painted her concrete sidewalk to look like bricks. Many years ago at our old house I painted the bar section walls of our basement to look like bricks. Talk about labor intensive and a labor of love! I am sure there would have been an easier way to do this but I can be quite a perfectionist when it comes to painting so I painted the walls with the red first and then I took a yardstick and drew the lines onto the wall and painted each brick with one of my small painting brushes. After I got the bricks done I took an old stencil brush and stippled (which means to pounce) white and gray where the mortar would be. It wasn't too much fun climbing onto the bar and getting under and over the TV stand and that part of the bar but I managed. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment