Friday, January 4, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Welcome 2013! So glad to see 2012 leave the building! The reason I have been "missing in action" these past few months is that I have not had a second to get on here. My dad was in a horrible car accident on November 1st and I have been spending alot of my time at the hospital and rehab with him. Luckily, as I type this he is making great progress and we are still hopeful for a full recovery. A long way left to go but we can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel now. We have been so blessed to still have him and watch his fight to get well. At 78 it is a bit tougher and it seems like the hardest part is keeping him wanting to move forward and convince him that he can get through it and will. Weird how the kids become the parents and the parents become the kids as we get older. Going through all this certainly makes you see the power of prayer. Everyone has prayed for his recovery and without a doubt he would not be where he is today without all the prayers that have been raised for him and our family. There were days that I didn't think I could get through them but have of course. I have been so touched by observing not only my family and friends' love for me and my family but at all the other families that are affected by such tragedies as we have been experiencing. To watch others with their loved ones that are struggling with sicknesses and/or accidents has just been something to see. I wish I were capable of making a documentary just about "love." It doesn't matter who you are, we all are capable of giving much needed love to one another. I wish I were better with words to express what I have experienced just by watching others around me in a very sad environment. My wish to you all of you in 2013 is to keep telling the ones you love how much they mean to you this year and to be there for them. This experience with my dad has made me a more humble, loving and caring person which I knew I was all along but it sure makes me think about trying harder in this new year. God bless each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment