Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Big Boy Pizza

Okay, the name comes from Frisch's Big Boy hamburgers and I must say that the taste was "similar" to the taste of a Big Boy...I was curious and that is why I tried this recipe. Plus you can't go wrong with hamburger and cheese and bread can ya? I used a roll of Pillsbury pizza dough but you can use Boboli or anything you desire. I also always make my own homemade tartar sauce and used it. Next time I'm going to pile on more tartar sauce as I wasn't sure how much to add to the pizza. The baked dill chips and lettuce made it very interesting and was quite tasty...Enjoy! My sister Donna's husband Matt would probably love this as I always call him "Wimpy" from Popeye...he could eat burgers all day long I do believe.

Big Boy Pizza
Ingredients
 1 prepared pizza crust (large)
 1 lb. ground beef browned and drained
 1 jar of Big Boy tarter sauce (or other brand if unavailable)
 Lettuce (Shredded)
 Dill Pickle Slices
 Shredded cheese (cheddar)
Directions
 On the prepared crust, spread a layer of tarter sauce. Then add your ground beef, lettuce pickles and cheese. You could add the lettuce after it is cooked if you choose. Place in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until the cheese melts and everything is hot. Yield: serves 6 Note: On all my homemade pizzas I always put the dough onto a pizza stone, take a fork and prick the dough and then brush on some olive oil and pre-bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes then add all my ingredients. Makes for a crispier crust.

Notes:
If you want to add lettuce after it is baked, spread some more tarter sauce on top and add lettuce. The tarter sauce is also good for dipping if you use a thin layer to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment