Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Santa Claus is Coming to Town...


Every year, I hear this weird sounding horn outside my house with sirens and lo and behold, it is santa coming to visit our neighborhood. Our volunteer fire department where I live keeps this tradition alive and well. I feel just like a kid when I hear those familiar sounds coming down my street. I know immediately it must be santa! Sure enough...there he is on the back of the big bright red fire truck. Next year I'm gonna have to tell them to slow down coz I couldn't get a very good picture. They hand out treats to the neighborhood kids also. Gotta love living in a small rural town!

2 comments:

  1. How neat is that!! I so wished I lived in a rural town!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in a rural town, on a small farm. Wish I was there now. The town we live in has grown so much in the last few years- kinda sad. But, i must admit that I am totally spoiled- love being so close to all the conveniences-Walmart, Meijer, Kmart, Target--what more could a girl want? Christmas always brings out the 'little kid' in us 'big kids'-LOL! Hope that you have a great one with your honey and family. Thanks so much for the gorgeous card- it may end up in a frame!! Gotta love Santa!!!!!

    ReplyDelete