Friday, October 9, 2009

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!



Well, other than Saturday and Sunday, Friday is my third favorite day of the week! I get to wear blue jeans to work on Fridays and I always get excited when this day arrives. Tomorrow I am planning on going to my favorite craft show around these parts and it is usually a HUGE show! Can't wait to see and buy alot of pretties! I always get so inspired when I attend these shows. It has been a bunch of years since I've attended any craft show as I always went with my mom until she left this earth (just can't say the "d" word) in 2002. She would be proud of me for venturing out. I am going with my two sisters so that would make her really happy too! Win, win situation!

Fall is my very favorite season of all. Not only is it the prettiest season (see the beautiful view I have in the fall?) to me with all the colorful leaves and cool air but it just makes me wanna nest. Yup...nest. It makes me feel warm and cozy all over and I get really motivated to paint coz Christmas is getting alot closer. I love giving up all the foods that I call "summer" foods and move on to the "fall/winter" foods, like soups. My second passion to painting would be reading and collecting recipes. I read them like I would a great novel. I also try different recipes as I'm constantly updating my recipe book that I'm working on to give away to my family and friends for Christmas. Below is my very favorite soup recipe that I get requests for all the time. STAY TUNED FOR MORE RECIPES AS DAYS PASS. Enjoy!

Cyndi’s Potato Soup
8-10 medium potatoes (I usually cook 5 lb. potatoes)
1 small onion
1 (8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of celery soup
1 t. garlic salt
1 can cream of mushroom soup
salt & pepper
1 lb. Velveeta
Bacon bits

Peel and dice potatoes, chop onion. Put potatoes and onions into stock pot or Dutch oven and cover with water (just up to the top of the potatoes. Cook on medium heat until tender (30-45 minutes). Remove from heat. DO NOT DRAIN! Cut cream cheese into chunks and stir gently into soup until melted. Stir in celery and mushroom soups, garlic salt and salt and pepper. Heat on low until ready to serve. Add Velveeta until melted. Top with chives and bacon bits.

Real soon I will blog about my third passion...can you tell I'm just a passionate person? I LOVE life! Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good! I love soup on cold days, like today!

    ReplyDelete