Thursday, October 8, 2009

FINALLY...GETTING STARTED

Welcome to Cyndimac's Nick Knacks. Cyndimac being me, and Nick because I LOVE anything with dear old St. Nick on it and all types of seasonal knickknacks. I live on a beautiful lake in Kentucky where I am totally at peace. I'm happiest at home. Unfortunately, I have to work outside the home and it keeps me from doing what I truly love and that is painting. Painting is my PASSION! My mind often drifts off dreaming about what I want to do next. I find myself jotting down lots of ideas daily. Now just if I had the time to do them all or even a little bit of them.

I have a shop on Etsy.com that has given me an outlet for selling my things. I pretty much only paint ornaments now as I love being able to hold them in my hand. I love painting on things that would normally be thrown away or bought from thrift shops because I love taking something ugly and turning it into something beautiful. I also see this as my way of contributing to the environment. Just a few of the reasons I've been enthralled with painting on burnt out lightbulbs and what would normally be called "junk." I have been hooked on lightbulb ornies for several years now. You can find my shop right here:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5682037

I am a proud member of the "Bluegrass Etsy Street Team." It is a very creative and talented group of artisans from Kentucky. Please type teambluegrass into the search bar, titles & tags, to see all their gorgeous work on Etsy or check out their awesome blog at:

http://bluegrassetsy.blogspot.com/

Until I learn how to do all this high tech blogging you might find this place a mess...much like my craft room I'm sorry to say. You know a person is serious about crafting when their craft room looks like a "torned down nado" (what a friend of mine calls it), uh, tornado has gone right through it.

Well, hope to contribute more at a later date...STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment