Thursday, February 19, 2015

Lake Living in the Winter

I have been so fortunate and feel so lucky to have lived at the lake full time for 9 years. Kentucky has been hit hard this week with over 12" of snow and the temperature has dipped down to negative numbers. I also am so lucky that I don't have to go outside of my home to work. I have worked outside my home since I was 16 so that would be 41 years of my life. I have to pinch myself that I have been able to stay home and paint my little heart out. I don't know how long this will last as I do feel really guilty not bringing more money to our checking account. So far, we are doing fine with only hubby's income but again, I feel guilty. He has to go out and work. My dream has always been to stay home and paint and make a living. Only glitch in that plan is that I don't really start selling my things until around August/September. Guess it is because I mostly paint Christmas ornaments. Can't help it, that is my passion. I am currently working on my inventory/stock so that I will have lots to sell come August.

Anyway, back to lake living. Here are a few pictures of what my view looks like this time of the year. I am just so happy here! This view never looks the same...every day it changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment