Sunday, February 15, 2015

Crockpot Lasagna

I must confess, I don't use my crockpot very much at all but I would love to remedy that and try more recipes for it. This lasagna recipe is one that I found many years ago and make not often enough. I haven't done any major grocery shopping in the last week or two so I have been trying to just use what I have in the house and this is what I chose to make hubby for Valentine's Day. It was very yummy and oh so comforting. I even use regular lasagna noodles and they soften and cook just fine in the crockpot. That is my favorite part of the recipe, don't have to cook the noodles first. Enjoy!

Crockpot Lasagna
1 lb. hamburger
24 oz. spaghetti sauce
8 oz. tomato sauce
9 oz. (8) lasagna noodles
1 lb. jar Alfredo sauce (I like Roasted Parmesan Alfredo)
12 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 c. parmesan

Brown hamburger in large skillet, drain. Spray crockpot with Pam. Spread 3/4 c. spaghetti sauce in bottom of crockpot. Stir remaining spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce into hamburger. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over sauce, break noodles if necessary. Top with 1/3 of the Alfredo sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with 1 c. mozzarella. Top with 1/3 of hamburger mix, spreading evenly. Repeat layering twice, using 2 noodles in last layer. Sprinkle parmesan on top. Cover, cook on low 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. Cut into wedges. Makes 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment