Sunday, January 25, 2015

CT Scan Results

Well, I am sitting here this morning feeling much better than I thought I would be this time last week. Don't know why I always let myself think the worst when it comes to health issues but I do. Maybe it helps me to not be let down if it is bad news? Has to be some kind of protective mode I go into. I think it is fairly normal that we all do this. Sort of brace ourselves kind o' thing. Nothing worse than sitting in the doctor's office waiting to hear his feet near the door. I was such a nervous wreck on Friday when I had to get my CT results. My blood pressure was sky high and I don't normally have a blood pressure issue. It is always like that. I am lucky I don't have a stroke when I go. Well, the nervousness was for nothing...thank the good Lord above! The oncologist I have always comes into the room shining his megawatt smile...one of the reasons I really like him, he is so down to earth and so nice and doesn't rush out of there when he is with me. But on this particular day I was trying so hard to read him to find out my results. Luckily, he didn't beat around the bush too long and he finally said "your CT results look great." WHEW! I almost cried! Such a relief. Feeling so blessed! As it stands, we will continue with all of the chemo treatments (I now have 8 more to go) since I am responding well to those and 4-6 weeks after those are done, I will have a hysterectomy. I so pray that they will be able to get all of this cancer out of me. So far, it is sounding like it is very possible. Just so blessed that none of my other organs have been affected thus far. I have so many prayers going out for me and I feel so surrounded by the Lord above. I just could not get through this if I didn't have faith in God and he will take care of me...whatever the plan is. I feel him around me! If any of you out there are going through something similar, I pray that you feel the same way. Surround yourself with loving family and friends too...helps so much! Don't hesitate to ask for prayers! Above all, keep up a great attitude! I cannot tell you how important this is! Don't sit around dwelling on your prognosis and feeling sorry for yourself. I can only look around and see somebody going through much worse than I. I have lived a good 58 years of my life and it breaks my heart to see young children going through cancer and possibly not getting to live all these years. I'm not near ready to go, but still feel blessed for such a wonderful life I have had. I believe a good attitude will get you a long way! We just gotta roll with the punches! Hang in there! Thanks for reading my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment