Sunday, September 9, 2012

Painting the World into Santa

That is exactly what I feel like right now...I am painting a santa on anything that doesn't move. LOL can ya tell although it has been a month since I blogged that I'm having the time of my life? I AM! I don't even know where to start posting pictures of the things I've been doing. I like to call what I've been doing "playing." That is what my dear sweet mom used to call it. She would call me up every week and ask me if I wanted to come over to her house and play...what I'd give if she were here to "play" with me now. I so miss her still and she would have such a blast sitting right along side me doing all the things that I've been doing. I know she is looking down on me and is very proud of what I've been creating. I look back over the years coz I have crafted all my life and I can truly say that I have grown as a "crafter." I like to think that I'm making higher quality things. Most everything I do are my very own creations too. I have been a crazy person painting lots and lots of lightbulb ornaments because I want tons of them to sell at my craft show in October but I have managed to carve out some time to play with some clay too and what better surface to put it on than an oyster shell? I have a huge box of shells that I've collected over the years while on our annual beach vacations so I'm happy to finally be using them up. We are going to the beach here soon on our vacation and I can't wait to replenish my shell supply...such fun browsing the beach for shells that would make a good santa. I hope you enjoy these. One I left au naturale as I love santas in all colors...who says he has to wear a red hat? Some of my friends wanted to see one with a red hat so I did one of those two! Thank you for looking! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment