Sunday, September 30, 2012

Beautiful St. George Island, FL

Every year my husband and I venture to our lil' bit of paradise, St. George Island, FL, located about 50 miles from Panama City, FL. I am so at peace when I get to this place. I love it because it is not commercialized, if you are looking for great shopping and eating out then you are at the wrong place here. This place is for tranquility, quiet time...down time. Although there are several really good restaurants to eat at there are only few. You can drive across the long bridge to Apalachicola, FL which is the "oyster capital of Florida." Good eats there! Hubby and I just go to the grocery store and stock up and never leave the house...well, if it rains we will venture out some. Nothing better than combing the beach for unique shells to turn into unique treasures. This year I am looking for more oyster shells so that I can make more clay santas out of them. I hope to get several of those done while here. No rest for the weary! LOL I want to sell some at my craft show that is coming up WAY too fast in a couple of weeks. I have been painting some lightbulb bride and groom ornaments and hopefully I will get those finished tomorrow. I have a ton of banana gourds that I wanna get painted up too. When I get home from vacay, I will only have a few days to finish things up for the big show. NERVOUS! LOL Well, here are a few pictures of my first sunrise at St. George Island...hope you enjoy them! It was cloudy that morning and the sun just did not want to rise but eventually it made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment