Wednesday, May 2, 2012

In the Kitchen with Trisha Yearwood

I have forever been a big fan of Trisha Yearwood and if ever there was a singing voice I would love to have it would be hers. She has a really good show on the Food Network that airs on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. She usually has someone in the kitchen with her and it is like hanging out with her. She seems so down to earth and she makes "normal" food which I love. If you haven't checked her out, do so. If you don't get a chance, they share her recipes on the Food Network website. http://www.foodnetwork.com/trishas-southern-kitchen/index.html

I have gotten a few tips from her already that I didn't know. The neatest one is that when you want to make deviled eggs, turn your eggs over the night before and you will get a perfect centered yolk after they are cooked. Perfect tip for deviled eggs. The other tip is that when you are making any gravy, the ratio is 4-4-2. That is 4 tablespoons of oil, 4 tablespoons of flour and then 2 cups of milk. I was always taught by mom that the ratio is 2-3-2, 2 tablespoons of oil, 3 tablespoons of flour and 2 cups of milk...that has always worked out perfectly for me but I'm gonna try Trisha's and see how that works too. Either one and I'm sure you will have a "no fail" gravy. I even taught my brother how to make gravy using mom's ratio. Go ahead...try it! Whenever the flour sizzles in the oil, then it is ready to be added.

No comments:

Post a Comment