Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Painting Season Has Begun!



I just can't understand why it takes me about 6 months after Christmas to get motivated to paint again but I just need to accept that is the way it is! I have reopened up my Etsy shop and am trying my best to get it filled. I actually feel like I'm getting a jump start on Christmas although it is already July...where on earth did spring go? I was on vacation all last week and managed to get a few new designed ornaments painted but ran into a humidity problem. When I went to varnish them the paint pulled off on one and on the other one the paint bled into another color...needless to say I just about cried. I managed to wipe off enough of the varnish and paint over the parts that needed to be fixed and they are good to go now. Now if only the weather would cooperate. I'm anxious to get them into my store! Here are a couple of banana gourd santas I did manage to get painted a few weeks ago and the weather must have been just right coz I didn't have a humidity problem. All these years I have not had a problem with the weather but now I do? What is going on out there? Hope you enjoy these...I have wanted to paint checks like this on ornies forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment