Friday, September 10, 2010

Mexican Night

Every once in awhile I get a craving for Mexican and a few weeks ago I had some friends over and decided it would be Mexican night. I loved being able to make the burritos early in the day and they were ready come party time. Below are the recipes I made and they went really well together. I froze the leftover burritos so I'm anxious to see how they taste after being frozen. I hate throwing out food!


SLOW COOKER BURRITOS
• 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
• 2 cans refried beans
• 1 envelope taco seasoning
• 1 can tomato sauce
• 1/2 cup water
• Flour tortillas, sour cream , cheese, and any other toppings you like
Combine all the ingredients except tortillas in a greased slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat 6-10 hours. Spread hot bean mixture on tortillas and fill with your favorite toppings. Fold and enjoy! I added a little bit of chili powder for just a little more hotness!

RICE GREEN CHILIES CASSEROLE
• 1 cup raw rice
• 1 tablespoon butter
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 can chopped green chilies
Cook rice according to package directions; add butter and set aside. Fold sour cream and chilies together. In buttered casserole dish place a layer of rice and a layer of chilies-sour cream mixture. Cover with half of cheese. Repeat layers, topping with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Maybe add a little cayenne to it to make it hotter.

No comments:

Post a Comment